Oct 18, 2010

Three Shouts of Joy?

Good things come in THREES. And I do hope that money grows on TREES ....

Good news, as I'm up for TWO interviews on back to back Fridays, and a job practically waiting for me to accept. Just that the offer has not reached my door yet.

Or rather, my mailbox yet. The bane of technology? You'd hoped and prayed that everything's at your door inbox within few hours.

When people from the olden days wait days and weeks for their snail mails. 

I can't even remember the last time I received a penned-letter. Plain ink on white paper. Maybe perfumed to an acceptable extent. Oh you know how they designed those greeting cards.

Wait, WHAT greeting cards? Have I lost it? Come on .. people send E-greeting cards. No more Hallmark bullshits pushed into envelopes with tingling melodies and a fragrant nuance. 

However, technology kills creativity and warmth.
Or did it somehow .... HELP in cultivating a more sociable community? I mean, Malaysia' TOP of the Facebook survey; we the 'friendliest' of the lot. Brazil coming in a close second.

MALAYSIA BOLEH? I think the movie The Social Network (to be screened pretty soon) should have a second chapter in the works. And please please please mention Malaysia somewhere in there. After all, the small community of 27 million or so beats the 300 million+ people from the States when it comes to friends on FB. 

"Friends?" You gotta be kidding me. Maybe friends to donate their donkeys, horses and what-nots for your Farm, or donating chips in Texas Hold Em Poker. Or you just plain crave for that thousandth mark on your Friends list? Selling something perhaps, and believe in the power of social media with a whole hearted approach?

Oh, and I do hope the Malaysian Book of Records capitalize on this fact. Imagine the image of Malaysia being spoken along the likes of Facebook, Google, Mark Suckerbutt Zuckerberg, etc. After all, in the papers today someone DID travel for more than 1000km by reversing his car, AND assisted by three patrol cars. A case of nothing better to do?

Genius? Highly doubtful. Unless you consider the monkeys working behind the big BUDGET to be of a fine pedigree. To imagine another skyscraper yet not the tallest in the world or even in Asia. For the sake of leaving a legacy behind, a 100-storey tower HAD to be built. In 10 years time, Warisan Merdeka should be the NEW pride and joy of Malaysians.

How about the Twin Towers then? Neglected and left to rot? Come on ..... the BILLIONS can be used in a more beneficial and productive manner. UNLESS of course, the tower's supposed to be used to house the homeless, strays, orphans and elderly. Then I can vouch for the erection (pardon the pun) of the tower with one of my own.

I mean, a VOTE of my own. Since the election's coming pretty soon (considered soon enough, given the aggressive fishing ploy), merely giving incentives in the form of RM500 for civil servants, and upping the maternity leaves to 90 days just won't cut it.

Ahem, RM500 can barely buy you two cuts of good Wagyu steaks. Let alone pay for a month's worth of car installment. 

Back to the topic at hand; Wish Me Luck dear strangers. For after the next Friday, I would have known where's my next destination on this express line called LIFE.

2 comments:

  1. Shock! Horror! @_@
    Who ARE YOU?

    Ahem, let's start this over.

    Mr Anonymous, care to intro?

    ReplyDelete

I need a piece of your mind. Now.