Oct 14, 2010

8 Years of Bliss. Not?

Yup, this is a sudden, out of the blue post. I was expecting so much more from our eighth anniversary. Yes, not one , not two, not even five but EIGHT whole years of sticking to each other, through thick and thin. And tornadoes and volcanoes and thunderstorms.

At the end of the day, I could not even remember what happened on Oct 3rd. It was a Sunday, yes. But we don't even go all out for a dinner (far from wine and dine), buy each other gifts, or even murmuring those precious (over-rated?) 3 words.

Have we mellowed over the 8 years of being together? The passion runs out of steam, flame extinguished, goals in life changed, OR ... am I lying to myself here?

Who am I kidding? This type of relationship NEVER works, right?

So let me wallow in my sorrow and keep my fingers crossed for a much belated gift. Or for him to fulfill his promise in throwing a grand celebration of an anniversary; a well overdue trip down south to the land of the metrosexuals. 

Wishful thinking? Maybe. But somewhere deep in the corners of my heart, I pray for a miracle. We are at a crossroad now. At least I am. But will you be there for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I need a piece of your mind. Now.