Jan 1, 2011

Best Song of 2010 - Fallling Slowly by Glen Hansard/Marketa Irglova



I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home

We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll made it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me

And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home

We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing it loud


*2010 has been a year of ups and downs (more ups than downs though, thankfully). And it was a year when we made a few life changing decisions, including the very recent decision to go back to where we should belong. I tend not to make resolutions though, since they were routinely broken before the first quarter of each year.

Typical ones like not arguing over trivial matters, saving up for rainy days, eating lesser and trying to keep fit, and in return cultivating a healthy and loving relationship.

Okay, maybe somewhere along the line, one of those managed to remain fulfilled, but I ain't keeping my fingers crossed for this year ....

Anyway, this tune has been one of my personal favourites last year; sung by Kris Allen on American Idol once (damn he's cute, but sadly married!), then last year a duet by the eventual winner Lee De Wyze and Crystal Bowersox. Very very poignant song, originally from the 2009 movie titled Once, and sung by a couple of unknowns.

Give it a go. No official video though, but you can find caps from the film lulled by the amazing track from Youtube, but I could not embed the video here. Only this one from David Letterman's show.

Enjoy. And Spread some Lurve okay?

1 comment:

I need a piece of your mind. Now.